Oliver Brown, Ryde

By 11:00 PM , , , , , , ,

Oliver Brown is part of Top Ryde City Shopping Centre however it located on the outer part of the shopping centre next to the busy streets of Ryde. I stopped by in the middle of the day during my shopping break for my afternoon sugar fix.

Similar concept to Max Brenner, they had a variety of sweet indulgences such as Belgian waffles, churros, chocolate fondue, macarons, decadent cakes and a variety of hot and cold beverages. They pride themselves on being the best Belgian Chocolate Café and having the 'best' coffee.

Selection of cakes, desserts, macarons and chocolates 

I ordered the Fruitti Waffle which is served with strawberries, banana, vanilla ice cream and drizzled with melted chocolate ($11.50/$17.50 for one/two) with an OB Choc Banana Shake ($7.80).


It was not the best waffle I've had, it was actually quite soggy. It did not taste fresh and lacked the crunchy exterior and fluffy interior that a Belgian waffle is meant to have. I wasn't too impressed with the lack of fruit and icy, hard ice cream either.


The Choc Banana (right) wasn't too bad but I struggled to taste the banana flavour. It was definitely not worth $7.80.

Overall, Oliver Brown has not left me yearning to come back;  it might have been the time of day I visited as it wasn't that busy. Nevertheless, if you're looking for a good Belgian waffle, I would still recommend Max Brenner or Bay Vista in Brighton-Le-Sands over Oliver Brown.

The café has long opening hours so you can stop by for your morning coffee or for dessert at night after dinner or movies. It is good to see more chocolate cafes opening in outer Sydney but maybe next time I would give the waffles a miss and try their coffee or other decadent desserts. They also have branches in Rhodes Shopping Centre and Chatswood Westfield.

Oliver Brown on Urbanspoon

Oliver Brown
Address: Top Ryde City Shopping Centre, Cnr Of Devlin Street and Baxland Road
Phone: 02 9809 7007
Opening times: 7.30am-midnight (Monday-Friday, 8am-midnight (Saturday and Sunday)
Website: http://www.oliverbrown.com.au/

You Might Also Like

0 comments